Saturday, September 8, 2007

Hike to Mt. LaoLao

The Marine Biology Family (everyone's adopted..lmao)

"Free at last, free at last! Thank God almighty, we are free at last!" (Martin Luther King). Well, at least from a place where water is extremely limited to a certain amount that a person can carry! Hahaha.
The hike that we took to day to "Mt. LaoLao" was more than I expected. I thought it would be like another walk in an air-soft park, hence my ski-mask attire. Besides the fact that I had misinterpreted the distance, my water was running low, and quickly too because I supported two geniuses - Arwin and Dan. Parasites~~Haha. I'm like that too when my supplies are low. Anyways, we were toured around by some dude who works for (blank) >_<. Wait..wait...it's coming to me...there we go! His name is Angelo! Right? lol. He explained many things that were happening at Mt. LaoLao and going down to LaoLao Bay. Many of the factors that are affected because of Human/Environmental Interaction are the high ppt of aluminum in the soil - making the soil too sour for many plants to grow and the collection of enriched pollution flowing down from the farms and the golf course onto the via run-off.

Oh yes, and a reminder to the many people who burn down the vegetation to find deer and other what nots they want - Real hunters hunt! And no...I'm so sorry...but marijuana is not an animal....

1 comment:

Stan said...

Yo Jan! Add me to that whatever place where the people are. >>>> the one over there by at the right.